Mayssa Ezzine and Sara Sadeghian, two very different engineers talk about their experiences in IT and their common goal of solving challenges.
Meet Mayssa Ezzine, Full stack developer and someone who loves to be involved in everything.
Meet Sara Sadeghian, Senior Frontend developer and someone who loves to go deep then bring these details back into the bigger picture.
1. First what drove both your passions to go into the technology and engineering field?
2. Mayssa, what made you choose GSG?
3. What are both your working days like?
“I always try to spend about 4 hours in deep thought, that’s uninterrupted thinking time with my earphones on where I can concentrate on the challenge at hand. But what’s amazing about this time is that it just goes so fast, it still seems that one second its morning the next its afternoon.
Then there’s one to two hours of meetings where we all connect our thoughts because after all we are building things together. And with what’s left, I try to spend on coaching people like new joiners, younger members in the team. After all people have spent a lot of time teaching me things through the years and I want to make sure that I’m also sharing this knowledge with others too.” Mayssa Ezzine
4. Where do you both find the extra inspiration you need outside of GSG.
“Google and Youtube are my best friends, especially Google which is there for me on a daily basis, answering extra questions as they pop up. On top of this is my friends network, my boyfriend works in IT, our friends work in IT, so although we all don’t consider ourselves geeks, technology and engineering are discussed, especially on an inspiration level. We all work for different companies and without giving away any secrets we all learn from each other, having external sources of knowledge is really important in staying fresh.” Mayssa Ezzine
5. Sara, what’s been one of the most challenging then rewarding things you have done at GSG?
6. What would you both advice to anyone interested in becoming an engineer or entering the tech industry as a whole?
7. Finally on a lighter note, for all the new joiners at our Munich office what’s your favourite lunchtime option.
“The grilled chicken stall.” Mayssa Ezzine
“The greek restaurant, Taverne Armonia on the Aberlestraße 1.” Sara Sadeghian